skip to main content

Counseling Center

about 1 year ago

Phone: 936-336-6483                                                                                                     Fax: 936-336-3931

Ellen English

Counselor, A-Lo  

Karole Seay

Counselor, Lu-Z  

Mandi Clark


Michelle Dennis

College & Career  

Are you wondering what to expect when sending your child to college? 
The College Board website has a multitude of good advice and information.


about 1 year ago


The ACT is an entrance exam used by most colleges and universities to make admissions decisions. It is a multiple-choice, pencil-and-paper test administered by ACT, Inc.


The SAT is an entrance exam used by most colleges and universities to make admissions decisions. It is a multiple-choice, pencil-and-paper test administered by the College Board.

ACT/SAT vouchers are available when certain criteria are met. 

LHS School Code for testing: 444-155


Parents can access their child’s STAAR results by visiting the Texas Assessment Management System website. Once logged in, parents can view the assessment questions, their child’s answers to the questions, and correct answers and rationales. Additionally, parents can view their child’s performance relative to the campus, district, and state.

To obtain your child’s Access Code, use the Access Code Look-up Feature at

Voter Registration & Selective Service
Registering to vote....
You are eligible to vote if:
You are a United States citizen;
You are legally registered to vote in Texas;
You are at least 18 years old on Election Day;
You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have
completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be
either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated
without the right to vote.
In order to will need one of the following
Your Texas driver's license number, if you provided it when you applied for
voter registration; or
Your Voter Unique Identifier (VUID), which appears on your voter
registration certificate; or
Your social security number
You must be at least 17 years and 10 months of age on the date you apply.

You can register in person at your county Voter Registrar's office.(Courthouse) Or you can register by mail by obtaining an application from your county Voter Registrar's office or the Secretary of State's office. You can also pick up applications at libraries, government offices, or high schools. At LHS, contact your government teacher or the counselor's office. Most register when they get their driver's license.

Selective Service System
Who: Almost all male U.S. citizens, and male aliens living in the U.S., who are 18 through 25, are required to register with Selective Service.

When:Register within 30 days of their 18th birthday. Therefore, to be in full compliance with the law, a man turning 18 is required to register during the period of time beginning 30 days before, until 30 days after his 18th birthday...a 60-day window.

Where to register: Young men may now register online with Selective Service.

Penalty for not registering: $250,000 fine and/or possible 5 yrs. in prison. Also, men who aren't registered with Selective Service won't qualify for Federal
student loans or grant programs. This includes Federal Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG), Direct Stafford Loans/Plus Loans, National Direct Student Loans, and College Work Study.